Okay so i’m pretty sure that the words of wisdom that I live my life by are actually a combination of great things said by great people which I have then processed and converted to fit into my own ideologies. However here they are :).
- Never, ever go to bed or walk away angry. This is such an important thing to me and unfortunately something my hubby doesn’t agree on, which often leaves me feeling devastated! So, why? Why do I believe that anger should always be resolved straight away. Apart from the obvious that you don’t know what will happen at any given moment in time, my love for a person, whether that is a friend or a lover or a family member, is and always will be stronger than any anger I can feel.
- That whole flower quote, if you love it leave it to grow malarky, hell yeah.
- Wet clothes take them off…yep, totally if you get caught in the rain then you need to take the wet clothes off, otherwise that coldness will seep right through to your bones. Best wait till you get home though, cos otherwise you might get some filthy looks stripping in the rain!
- Do the hard stuff first. Whether this is eating the yucky bit of a dinner first or tackling the hard chores first. It makes a difference. Once as the hard bit is out of the way I can sit back and truly enjoy what is in front of me.
- If you can, then do. If I can help someone then I will. If I can stop and let that person in the morning have a chat with me, then I will. If I can reach the top shelf and you can’t then I will. If I can be a shoulder whilst you cry, I will. If I have what you need, and I don’t need it, then I will. There aren’t a great deal of things in life that I can do to help others. But everything I can do, I do. I do it because I want to. I do it because I know how it feels to not be seen, so if I can see a person then I will.
- Always think a few steps ahead.
- Fuck it. Sometimes you gotta sit back say fuck it and just enjoy the show. Things happen for a reason and there ain’t always something you can do about that.So relax. You’ll soon discover the reason.
- Never get shampoo in your eyes…that shit hurts, if you do then a wet cold flannel will help. Milk also helps.
- If there’s a puddle walk through it. If there’s a rainbow stop and look at it.
- Always stop what you are doing to give a child your full attention. Your actions teach a child how to become an adult. Don’t ever forget that.
- If there’s lego, build.
- Paints, paint. No one cares what the end result looks like. Paint for your soul not for the eyes of others.
- Stop letting the opinions of others take up residency in your head. They are often as lost as you and they have their own battle to fight. Ignore them, smile and move on.
- If it makes your heart sing and your soul skip a beat, do it, do it daily, do it hourly.
Ok that’s my list. I’m sure i have more, in fact I think my entire existance is based on words of wisdom. 🙂
Karen Hayward (2015) ©