To write is to breathe. The life within me that drives my essence through each crunching day deep into the realms of humanity. I am but the words I spill I am but never the thoughts I kill.
But true to form. To explore through eyes of sense and feel through words of decorum self discovery, when the shadows come a calling and twilight shrouds us from our dreams.
An imposter I make false promises to the gods that I shall write of travesties told with my ink the blood of a thousand truths my page the parchment of darkness that haunts our days and I am but an imposter.
I can speak of no truths. My tongue is tied my hands bound down my ink run dry my parchment burns in flames of reality and every word I place upon the page of fury is erased. Erased.
I am not worthy to be called a poet I am a traitor to the ancient calling, I can weave but words upon a page and create beauty that lacks soul. I can merge syntax with dialect and make voice appear from behind the mask.
I am condemned in dark streets of ego my voice curbed and this posion kills me. Take a bite of my flesh and feel the slow torture of death you deserve it your horned.maker awaits your return, please tell him again, he cannot have my soul.
Karen Hayward ©2016 (Image and words)
The perfect arrangement of the alphabet,
the algorithm of communications.
A repetitive pattern that forms words,
any, all. We have full access.
The algorithm of life,
stories created and lived breathed in each morning and sighed out each night as we sleep.
Some stories are ours to tell,
to believe in as each word is formed.
Some are not. Some cannot be spoken.
Some must remain silent, whispers in our mind.
The glitch in every system.
Karen Hayward ©2016.
Ohhhh I have been a very lucky gal just lately and have managed to be nominated for two amazing awards. The first ‘Inspiring us 1 blog at a time, Angel award’ is by the lovely and amazingly energetic blogger Flippyzipflop
http://flippyzipflop.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/awards-much-deserved/#more-1050…..I’m not technoligically minded enough to be certain that this ping back malarky is actually gonna work! I have absolutely Jack shit to do in response to this amazing award, except to say thank you, it is much appreciated, I can choose, if I like to reblog it on, and that is actually my choice. I choose to send this award out to every single blog that I follow here on wordpress. I follow you because in some way you inspire, enlighten or entertain me, you all deserve the award.
My second award (seriously can you tell it’s the school holidays, i’m so far behind, if anyone has a few hours and a couple of pairs of hands they’d like to lend me then please, send them my way!) ‘Very inspiring blogger award.’ is nominated by Jemverse, another amazing blog but with the added advantage of great pictures along side the poetry! Thank you for nominating my blog, hell, thank you for even reading my blog!
To qualify for the ‘Very inspiring blogger award.’ I do have to share seven things about myself…..
- I don’t like people that lie, pretend, fabricate or recreate the truth. Honesty is a simple act. Ask me anything and i’ll always tell the truth, the key of course is in asking the right questions.
- I love, love. There I said it, beneath my tough exterior I am a complete romantic. I love, love stories, love songs, love poems, I love too see love, I love too hear love, but most of all I actually love to give love.
- I am a cold blooded person. Completely, even now in the middle of summer i’m in a jumper. Pretty much all year round I am cold, always cold, my fingers, toes, hands, feet, my entire body is cold. Sometimes (last night) even in the summer I take a hot water bottle to bed with me, I crave heat for comfort on the nights when I am just soooo cold.
- I do not know a complete line of any of the songs that I sing. I sing them anyway making up the words as I go along. It goes something like this….(i’ll just go and see what my last youtube song was and we’ll take it from there.) bleurgh it was Snow Patrol Run, says it all at the moment, i’ll go choose another, in fact holy fuck why does Youtube feel the need to keep a list of what songs i’ve been listening to! Ok, I don’t even know what this song is called but it is one of those ones that I sing constantly, when i’m out, in, lining up, probably even when i’m sleeping! ‘I dont wanna dance, dance with me baby no more, your a fucking waste of time, ive got a feeling thats fine, a feeling thats fine….repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. You get the idea! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9de6jeOevi8
- My dream destination, the one place that my soul actually aches to go to is America. Route 66, not on some stupid tour led by an under paid worker though. I want to go with friends, real friends, a lover maybe too, I don’t know, I just know I want people that I love along side me, people that will see the beauty, the curiousness, the intrigue, the ugly, the unique, the different and the amazing, that I see.
- I hate flavoured anything! And oh my goodness I hate it when shops think it is ok to put normal flavoured chocolate next to mint or orange flavoured chocolate, seriously guys that flavour seeps through and completely ruins my chocolate, ruins my day, ruins my life. It is like poison on my tongue. I love dairy milk chocolate, vanilla ice cream, water…basically I like anything that is not flavoured. ohhhh and I hate flavoured, flavoured stuff, you know that horrid fake strawberry flavour they stick into sweets, poison!
- I am not afraid. I am not afraid to be different. I am not afraid to stand up alone and defend someone, something, anything that I believe in. I have stood alone for most of my life, I’ve made good friends with my shadow.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Add the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” logo to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers who inspire you.
- Include the set of rules.
- Let your nominees know by posting a comment on his/her blog or including a ping back.
My 15 nomineees are….going to have to wait, so for now, I am nominating every single blogger that stops to read this post,why? because we all inspire one another in different ways, so we all deserve the award!
Oh grey clouds above my head,
That cried whilst i slept upon my bed,
How soft and warm your tears do fall,
Nourishment to help my soul grow tall.
Oh heavy clouds that weep and weep,
Washing away, whats not mine to keep.
Do you fall just for me?
Do you see what i see?
Please. Wash away the day,
The things they say
Wash away the knowing,
The showing, the telling the secrets and the lies.
A wise man with an eagle on his flag,
A long time back,
I had to reconnect,
It was the step
That came next.
It is your spiritual path,
You must remove the scarf
What they do not say,
For what they pray.
Do you not see?
It is who you were
Always meant to be.
Remember the years,
Recall the lost tears,
Listen with your soul,
That is your goal.
I give you the sea,
So you may cleanse,
I give you beauty,
To see through a lens.
I give you white light,
To surround yourself,
In the dead of the night.
Now open your eyes,
And feel without fright.
I never hid it,
You always knew,
I screamed so loud,
I turned the air blue.
You always knew,
I wanted more,
To keep on going,
Till i was sore.
You asked me once,
To tell it all,
You looked in horror,
as your jaw fell.
I never hid it,
Not a bit,
You always knew,
Where i did sit.
But you never did,
So then i hid,
It scared you,
So i let it go.
My time was near,
That he was here,
The Archangel Raziel.
He has things,
Things to show,
You need to find,
That inner glow.
He’d lead me home,
that i wasn’t aone.
It’s your turn